This morning was the hectic process of "disembarkation". We had to be off the boat by 9:30 so the crew could turn it around and welcome the next guests by 2:30. How do they do that?
After a quick breakfast in the Lido, we were on our way by 9:15. We ordered an Uber to take us to the Seaport Hotel but, of course, our room wasn't ready yet. So off we went, on another Uber, to the New England Aquarium. It was really crowded - Saturday in the the summer; lots of families with kids.
I was a little disappointed in the Aquarium. It's showing its age (build in 1969). Mostly features a central column/tank with a circular walkway around it.
Then, we struck paydirt. The Red Sox are in town this weekend for a rare Saturday afternoon game at 4:00. What little research I had done made it obvious the tickets we more than I was willing to pay. Just for fun, I asked the Conciege at the hotel if he has access to any tickets. He said "he knew a guy" and he'd get back to me. He did, with options in the $179 range. I said no thanks.
While Sam took her nap, I hiked around the old Boston Fish Company and all the stuff that has been build around; luxury apartments! Some interesting architecture.
Just for fun I searched around the interweb and found seats for $95. So, we chanced it, not knowing if it was a legitimate source. Worked out just fine! So off we went and found our seats far down the right field line, thankfully under cover. It's a terrible way to watch a ballgame but it was a blast! A packed house of 36,000 avid, knowledgeable and enthusiastic fans watched what turned out to be a bit of an historic game. Sox won 1-0 behind a complete game shutout by Garret Crochet; that hardly ever happens. He's a candidate for the Cy Young Award this year. And, the Sox have now won 9 in a row We enjoyed the rousing rendition of Sweet Caroline after the 8th inning!
After the game we found a little Halal place across the street enjoyed a salad and pita bread. Then Uber back to the hotel by 8:30. Uber prices are sensitiven - demand pricing, From the hotel to Fenway was $15. Immediately after the game back to the hotel was $45. After we finished our dinner, it had dropped to $28.
Back home tomorrow. Flight leaves at 5:00AM Ugh.










No comments:
Post a Comment